Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Where's it going?

As part of my birthday resolutions, I decided to increase my water intake. I know this is probably one of the most common health goals but it's extremely hard for me because I absolutely hate water.

Yes, I hate water. Yes, I know it doesn't taste like anything so how could I hate it.

I hate it because it tastes like nothing. Anyone else who hates water understands this. Anyone that doesn't hate water never seems to get this.

Alas. My point.

I came up with an ingenious solution. I developed a "Water Cocktail". It includes, one packet Splenda and one very squeezed piece of lime. This week at the grocery store, I even bought a bag of key limes. A halved key lime is perfect for an 8oz glass.

At the current pace, with access to the three primary ingredients I easily consume my 8 glasses of water. In fact, I might be getting more than my eight glasses. And bonus, vitamin C!

Yes, I know there are some that suggest that drinking more than 8 glasses of water may be dangerous. Some disagree. But either way, I can't stop.

I also sometimes debate whether I'm going to end up with cancer of some sort when someone figures out that the long term effect of Splenda intake is actually harmful. And, I also sometimes wonder where all the water is going because I don't think there's a one to one relationship between intake and output...if you know what I mean.

Also of note, I'm no less starving all the time. Which is unfortunate.

1 comment:

  1. two options of water choices that I LOVE!

    Hint Water
    http://www.drinkhint.com/

    Metromint Water
    http://www.metromint.com/

    Otherwise... I find regular water to be too boring!

    ReplyDelete