Saturday, May 7, 2011

Confirmed renewal

I had a dream last night (yes, I know no one cares to read about other people's dreams I just have a point to make) that I gave birth*. In my dream it was as though I knew I was pregnant, but just didn't get around to preparing for it. As in, no car carrier thing and no name.

The name and car carrier played a large part because 1) I couldn't update my FB status unless I had a name, and 2) we were on our way somewhere and I wasn't sure how we were going to get the baby clean and in the car with no preparations or a car carrier in time for wherever we were going.

Anyway, immediately upon waking I decided to check out the birth interpretation for dreams.

According to my most used dream interpretation source, giving birth means:

To dream of giving birth or see someone else giving birth, suggests that you are giving birth to a new idea or project. It also represents a new attitude, fresh beginnings or a major  event.  Alternatively, the dream may be calling attention to your inner child and the potential for you to grow. A more direct interpretation of this dream, may represent your desires/ anxieties of giving birth or the anticipation for such an event to occur.
So I guess I wasn't kidding about renewal yesterday. Perhaps it's suggesting that while I'm going to have a new idea, project, or attitude, I haven't really been doing my due diligence to prepare for it - that I'm too focused on schedule and updating FB to fully appreciate where I'm going and whom I've the potential to be.

Or, the dream could also be in part due to my dear friend, Shorty, giving birth last night.

*To a human baby, by the way because apparently that clarification is needed for good interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment