Monday, May 3, 2010

Those eggs must be laid by golden chickens

Admittedly, I was beyond irritated when my breakfast bill for egg whites, mushrooms, and a cup of fruit came out to $10 this morning. Because apparently the fruit was on the 'buffet' and by consuming the fruit, I have partaken of the buffet - which is $10 - I'm beign charged the full price.

Seriously. And, it was beyond my waitress' comprehension of how to adjust my bill in any way to bring the price down.

Soultion?

Walmart was next door. Fridge in my room for the week.

Oatmeal, yogurt, 2 meals, and a 6 pack of soda - only $12. I win.

Oh, and some constructive feedback to the person checking me out later this week.

Having just stayed at the same chain for a recent conference in which I was beyooond disgusted with the hospitality, I can say: I'd rather stay at a Best Western over a Hilton ANYDAY.

Side bonus - staying within the diet at least for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment