Sunday, May 23, 2010

Like playing the lottery

Since I threw my hat in the ring, I have to say I've been a little bit excited. Just the thought that I might get a job doing something that is so much closer to what I went to school to do - while maintaining all the positive aspects of my current job (aside from most likely the awesomest boss in the world). At this point, I don't think it even matters if I get the job*, I'm just enjoying basking in the glow of possibilities.

Oh, and the possibility of relocating to Dream State.

Kind of like what I hear playing the lottery is like - the ability to dream about what you'd do with the money if you won is worth the $1 you spent on the ticket.

Except, I spent 9 hours of sick time and $15 in faxing my educational evidence. And, if I won the lottery I'd make more money than at any of the jobs I applied to, and I'd have to work at the job that paid less than winning the lottery...perhaps I should reevaluate this whole job vs lottery thing...

*I can say this safely on this side of hearing they don't want me. If I get a rejection, which is highly probable given the competition for the type of work I'm trying to do, I will probably be depressed for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment