Monday, May 10, 2010

Home alone and loving it

I'm at day three of being a single mom*. And, I think I'm doing quite well. Fighting has been minimal and one earned a little ice cream treat yesterday after helping me garden in the yard.

And, to be honest, I think I've realized tonight that I have exited the honeymoon stage of cohabitation.

A few months ago I remember talking to women who said they love business travel (them or him) because you get peace and quiet. Naive Abbey thought (or said), I can hardly get to sleep when he's not in bed next to me. Well, PC cured me of this bed thing recently. He's taken up video games that take him into the wee hours that are no longer seen by me who has to get up early and semi-function at work.

 The positive note, however, is I can sleep just fine if he decides not to come to bed.

But, I digress.

So today, at day three of being purely responsible for the care and welfare of our three dependents I can say: man, there's just something nice about making a quick meal of left overs, plopping down at the kitchen table to read email, FB, and blogs without the noise of one of the thousand sci-fi shows in the background, and knowing that in about 20 minutes I'm climbing into bed and I may get some magazine reading in before passing out.

I just have to make sure everyone has food and one of them has been walked.

Though, I am beginning to miss him. At least in a theoretical way so far.

Tomorrow, the kids and I will consider making a welcome home banner.

*Mom to two cats and a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment