Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Even I have limits

I hit my limit last night in the Fecal Wars of 2010. I went to bed as normal last night while PC frantically adjusted his presentation that he's flying out to Dream State to give today. As is typical when he has these sorts of deadlines, he procrastinates until late into the night and comes to bed at hours that aren't even considered last night anymore.

So, around 2am when I feel the bed movement that suggests he's finally given in to his sleepiness, I hear "Oh shit. There's cat poop in the bed."

Yes, Mischievous Kitty thought it would be a good idea to leave us gifts as I slept.

So not pleased. At 2:15 am, I groggily find new sheets as PC strips the bed. We put new sheets on the bed, and try to sleep. I, of course, fume and plan my revenge solution to the ongoing war.

Today I researched the problem. Potential reasons for the war?
  1.  Bitchy Cat may have a urinary problem, which encourages her to pee outside the box
  2. Said box might not be clean to their standards (I worry this is the problem, and despite the judgement I'll get, I admit I'm a change the box once a week kind of girl)
  3. Mixing the families have caused anxiety and marking tendencies. Might also be a reasonable cause given BC has begun what the experts call 'over grooming' her tail. Most people put one of the animals up for adoption. I'm guessing PC won't give up BC since he's had her for years and she's actually a pretty old cat on top of being bitchy. I'm for sure not giving up MK.
Solution?
  1. Bought Feliway. Mixed reviews, but it's worth a try. I got both the spray and the room diffuser. I dream of two kitties that hang out and bathe each other and do not 'inappropriately divest of waste'.
  2. Changed litter boxes today.
  3. Glared at MK. 
  4. Drank several martinis on behalf of Simska's birthday. Doubt it will help with the Fecal War, but I'm less angry.  

2 comments:

  1. The peeing outside of the litterbox is almost always a sign of health issues (most often UTIs) for my cats, so it is worth checking. I tried Feliway and it seemed to work ok. It was CRAZY expensive though. A few months ago we switched to sifting litterboxes...a million times easier than using the scoop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read that having two boxes--one per kitty might help too--because one kitty feels threatened and vunerable when trying to go where s/he wants to. I've never had this problem myself, so I can't offer much as far as that goes. When Captain starting peeing out of the box it was because he was really sick.

    ReplyDelete