Monday, April 5, 2010

Time of the Month

Despite losing yet another 1.4 pounds this week...I cannot stop eating. Seriously. I even succumbed to the delicioso Skittles which should never have even been in my cubicle to tempt me.

I blame TOM, which has finally arrived.

While we're blaming TOM, I'd add a couple other things that TOM made me do today.

One, not letting go of an argument with my mother. She was wrong. Very wrong. This isn't even just an interpetation of her being wrong. And, I'm tired of it.

I feel like we've been fed this bullshit were we have to accept treatment that we'd never accept from anyone else, except family. I called her on it. You could say, I'm not picking up what she's putting down.

She went the low road and blocked any further emails from me.

I see it as win-fucking-win.

Right, the Skittles fiasco.

Oh, the other thing TOM did. Freaking got me all melancholy about my job.

My job is ok. It's safe. I make pretty good money. I seem to be pretty good at it even though I'm not usually sure what I'm doing. But, it's not what I love. It's what I did when I needed to pay bills after getting laid off. It's what I rationalized would round out my experience to prepare me for a nice high end corporate job. However, it's not rounding out my job skills. Or, at least not ones I desired. It's distancing me from the type of work I wanted to be doing. It's making me be a less productive person.

But it's safe. The hours aren't bad. I get a lot of vacation time.

But, is 32 the time to be safe?

TOM thinks not.

No comments:

Post a Comment