Friday, April 23, 2010

It's a bird, it's a plane, nooo, it's my arms

I have a problem.

A couple years ago, I joined a gym. The 'sales person' commented how one of the largest problems for women my age is their arms.

I've never been more offended than to be called 'women of my age'. I mean really. You basically just called me old. You suck at sales. Besides, I have no problem with my arms.

That is until recently. Recently, I've lost some pretty significant weight. To be exact, 15 pounds.

Ok, to more exact, 15.2 but who's counting?

Anyway, around the time I hit 12 pounds lost and I was pretty excited about the possibility of being super thin, I noticed this kind of white movement every once in a while when I reached for something.  It was this kind of fast, white thing that I'd kind of catch out of the corner of my eye...and when ever I'd look directly, I couldn't quite see what it was that I'd missed.

And then I figured it out. It was my arms. My little under arm area. I've discovered those little flabs actually have a complete life outside of my control. They jiggle and move and lay all spread out when I least expect it.

You'd think this would be motivation to do some drastic weight lifting to get rid of the jiggle. But. You'd be wrong.

For one, I still haven't unpacked my weights since the move into the castle. I have no idea which box they might be in and there's no way I'm searching through the remaining 100 boxes to find weights. And, no, I'm not buying more weights. As soon as I buy new weights I will find the boxes with my old weights that I didn't use when they weren't hiding in a random box in the hot garage.

For two, I don't yet care enough. And, third, duuude, surgery would be so much faster and long lasting.

p.s., yay for spell check being back.

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo! on the weight loss, not the jiggly arms :)
    two exercises for ya (cause you don't need weights, I haven't for a long time)...
    Dips.
    (I found pics, wahoo! and a site for ya)
    http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseworkouts/ss/tricepexercises_4.htm

    this one looks retarded - but you can do it without the ball like a normal person:

    http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseworkouts/ss/tricepexercises.htm

    ReplyDelete