Friday, April 2, 2010

Freudian?

Here's some interesting psycho-Freudian fodder.

I have an incredable ability to remember dreams. Sometimes that's good. Other times it just makes me wonder what the hell is going on in my head.

Dream scene:

I'm addressing envelopes and having to choose which of the envelopes to mail first. As is true in my real life, I never have enough stamps and have to determine which envelopes are most important.

A weird kind of ranking system that I go through every time I do Christmas cards.

So, I finish addressing the envelopes, and toss them in the mail. Only to realize, the 'envelopes' are really wedding invitations. I go on with what I'm doing, and mention off-handedly to random 'dream friend' that I'd sent out some of my wedding invitations.

Dream Friend says: "Oh, when did you get engaged?"

I then realize, Wait I'm not engaged!

OMG, how do I know PC will propose before the wedding date in the invitations? And, what if whoever I sent the invitations to tells PC that I'd already invited them to our wedding before he even asked? And, worse yet - I can't remember which people's invitations I'd already mailed...and how does one call those people up and be like "Um, yeah - just ignore those invitations..."

End dream because it's freaking stressing me out.

To my credit, I'd just sent out like 4 big mailing packages for my side business...so it might have made me think of postage. But, there just feels like something Freudian going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment