Sunday, August 21, 2011

Not a team player

Perhaps I'm unable to get along with people. It's got to be me because I'm already upset and feeling passive aggressively towards my certificate class project team.

Here's the back story:
  1. A communication plan was created as well as a shared document identifying everyone's tasks for the week.
  2. Had a conference call to discuss work to be accomplished mid-week as it's due on Sunday nights.
  3. Silence until today - even though I turned my part in on the day we had the conference call.
  4. One team member has clearly not read or understood the assignment of tasks as she did all the work I had not done. Other team member checked in to say he was only turning his part in (um, ok. That's kinda what you're supposed to do).
  5. Team member who's done the remaining work now wants feedback on Sunday evening.
  6. I kind of don't want to since the agreement on the communication plan explicitly said all material had to be submitted no later than Saturday afternoon.
I realize life happens. I realize my choice to do my part early was exactly that - my choice. I also realize that doing things early is not my style so I can appreciate the last-minute-ness of it all. However, a similar thing happened last week so I pulled things together quickly and got it all turned in.

Here's my thoughts: when you're working with people on drastically different time zones...pull your shit together so I'm not up till the middle of the night.

Debating what to do. Grand scheme of things - I'm not going to get a letter grade for this and if they don't care to get their shit done...I'm not picking up the slack again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment