Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In other news

I've been taking an online course for the past week and a half as preparation for a certificate I want.

Yes, I know. Another three letters behind your name?

Anyway, it's a certificate I've been thinking about for some time - mostly because I actually really want to know the skills associated with the certificate.

All in all it's going pretty well. Though I did have a mini melt down about it not being fair and everyone knowing more that I do. Luckily, PC is taking a similar but different class online for the same certificate...so he got me off that cliff.

Tonight, however, was probably the most fascinating part so far. I had a conference call with my partners on my class project. One was in Canada. The other in Hawaii.

How weird is that?

More weird is that when I was talking to them at 8pm my time...it was only 2pm Hawaii time! I get the concept of time zones, but it still fascinates me.

1 comment:

  1. Our student is still in her home country. So when we e-mail each other I'm thinking "wow...it's 11pm there and 10am here! Then we're trying to make arrangements between her, us, and the agency in charge of all this--which is on the other coast and I feel a little overwhelmed. That agency has to work some bizarre hours to ensure they can reach all these different countries because of time zones.

    ReplyDelete