Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Back on the wagon - though the wheels could use some fixin

I've officially made it through a little over three weeks back with Weight Watchers. I've had some overall frustrations with the new plan from the technological perspective more than the actual diet plan.

In my opinion, if you're going to roll out a new system and not give users any option to stay with the old plan, you better have your freaking ducks in a row. But despite the new system being out for 7 months there's still major glitches in their point estimators. And, I'd completely forgive that if the algorithm was something you could kind of eyeball like the old one.Now, without a true point value for many of the foods I eat, I have to guess or possibly accept the higher point values that the website seems to give.

That said, I'm down nearly 10 pounds with minimal exercise. This is significantly faster than when I used the old plan, so that is positive. Plus, I figure if I add in some exercise the weight should come off even faster. Granted I'm only looking for another 5 pounds down to get to my fantasy weight...but still. 


* It seems that when you enter something like oatmeal it gives you a high number, but when you actually enter the nutrition values into the calculator its something like 5 points higher than true. As someone who only gets 29 points a day, a 5 point over estimate is the difference between a real dinner or a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment