Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bummer

Yesterday as I was dealing with the unfortunate consequences of procrastination as it relates to not remembering to get my prescription filled, I noticed at the top of the prescription sheet the my age was listed as 34.

I have to admit I was a little pissed that my insurance company couldn't get my age correct. I mean for goodness sakes, they have my year of birth! "Do the freaking math!" I thought.

I logged into my insurance account with the intent of updating my age only to find you can't do that online. I looked to see if there was some option to send a strongly worded email but after a few minutes got distracted and didn't finish my search.

All day yesterday I was kind of annoyed.

This morning the discussion of age arose with PC, seeing as how his birthday is coming up this week. I was teasing him about his age. This reminded me of my experience the day before and I told him the same story.

He says, "Well, are you 34?"

I said, "No, I'm 32. Perhaps 33...I haven't really done the math...but I know 34 is wrong."

He asks, "What year were you born again?" I tell him...he literally counts on his fingers (I think just to mock me).

Turns out I'm 34.

Bummer.

He says I can be 32 if I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment