Thursday, December 2, 2010

Change is awesome (sarcastic face)

It's probably not good when you actually consider counting the number of melt downs you have as the actual move gets closer. Though, it's probably not as bad as when you can almost visualize the future break downs and arguments and stress that will be happening in the next 25 days.

Twenty five days until they lock the freight elevator to allow us to move all of our remaining worldly possessions and 'children' into our new apartment. Three of those days will be spent at PC's parent's house for Christmas, and is actually a pretty relaxing time. However, we don't usually bring the kitties or the fish. And, PC's mom's dogs pretty much want to eat the kitties. The kitties want to eat the fish. I just want to freaking eat everything in sight to not deal with all the stress.

Tonight is one of those nights where the meltdown snuck up on me. You see, it arrived in what I thought was just sheer exhaustion. At 6pm, I'm literally unable to keep my eyes open. But once I get into bed, the lists of minute details that I know PC isn't thinking about are racing through my head. Details I can't take care of from here. Details he doesn't have the added capacity to handle on his own in addition to his current workload and the debilitation associated with the stress. The racing thoughts lead to a call for PC to calm me down, which made it worse because he started listing off even more details like times and dates of packing, and moving, and driving.

So as if that all wasn't enough. What in the hell is up with Weight Watchers changing their plan? Um, yeah. Let's make it actually harder to track points and calories with a new system (and not have all their own points and calories completely correct) at the time of the year when it's nearly impossible to estimate the calories associated with the holiday lunch of: pork loin, sweet potatoes, green beans, salmon, and a weird square of what might have wanted to be red velvet cake. Or the two warm mushy homemade cookies they gave us as we left the party.

I'm up to here with personal moving stress, work stress (purely due to my desire to be perfect so we can build up our reputation in the eyes of senior leadership), financial stress, normal holiday stress...yeah, I'm thinking more change associated with a food plan I'd almost gotten down (but had been failing at keeping up with) would just be awesome.

Awesome I tell you.

It makes me want to go eat something immeasurable, just talking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment