Friday, June 18, 2010

One in a million?

First, let me say, thank God for the preparation. Seriously, I woulda screwed that one up.

Second, let me just say, I just rocked that interview. I accidentally answered things that turned out to be exactly what they were looking for.

Me: "So, as I was saying I love cucumbers."
Them: "We have so many cucumbers here, we don't know what to do with them!"

The job sounds perfect. It's in Dream State. The conversation about how quickly I can move came up. Wanting to give my current projects time to finish, give PC some time to look for work and someone to rent his place (or sell it), us to pack up and move...I asked for two months. Which, is kind of like really three months when you consider that we have our annual week and a half vacation coming up in the month I'd theoretically start.

I have no concept of whether we can do this in two to three months and be ready to report to work.

I'm in full force ignore-that-I-will-leave-all-my-friends-behind as well.  Other things I'm currently supressing...we won't go there.

Hoping, hoping, hoping this is my one-in-a-million chances and I get it.

2 comments:

  1. In my head.. you already got it. Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for you! Bring salt and pepper for those cukes.

    If it's any consolation, any of the jobs I stand a chance of getting any time soon would require us to move within 1.5 months. We've been preparing "just in case" while we wait. Think of how clean the castle could be! Plus it's a great way to burn off the nervous waiting energy!!

    Did you change your blog? It looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete