Friday, July 1, 2011

This wasn't supposed to happen

This week I got to do my very favorite part of my job! It's been almost 6 months of preparation to get to this week. Grueling preparation made better by knowing how much fun this part would be.

Unfortunately, I have never seen a boss behave more unprofessionally, disrespectfully, and without integrity. Combined and directed at me, I have never felt the absolute rage I felt this week.

I'm sad my favorite part of my job was kinda ruined.

I've also decided I cannot stay with the organization any longer. I can handle bad situations a lot better when I can actively try to change or remove myself from the situation. I've been trying to wait out a vesting period so I could maintain my matching retirement funds...so I've felt very stuck and stricken at the thought of facing the gap until then.

In an odd coincidence of luck, a position just came available last week in Dream State that seems like it was written for me.* It is literally almost exactly my dissertation study but as a job.**

And, it has a good title: Director.

I'm sort of hoping that the application, interview, onboarding time (assuming I got it) would take me through the rest of the vesting period at current job. It would make me feel better waiting if I knew I had another door waiting for me.


*Of course, I thought the current job was written for me as well. But then, it's not the job I hate...it's the boss.
**I must have blocked out the hell of the dissertation process to be kind of excited to do it as a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment