Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tending the fractures

Last night I watched as yet another friend's relationship began to show signs of crumbling. Though not terribly surprising for this couple, it was hard for PC and I not to silently squeeze each other's hand and feel grateful that it's not us. It seems to be bad luck to do it...yet we still exchanged promises that their signs were not true in ours.

It's a reminder of just how fragile relationships are. That as strong as one might appear, there are always at least hairline fractures that must be regularly tended.

Meanwhile, I head out for a week long work trip...returning to only 14 days at home before I permanently relocate to Dream State. So far, no job for PC in Dream State translates to his staying behind. However, there's some promise that that might be changing. It might mean he's merely a month behind me. This time in our relationship, I believe may be out most challenging. We're making our best effort to tend those fractures so that we have the more positive outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment