Friday, February 4, 2011

Loving all things winter

Since the move to Dream State, I have to say. I love all things winter. I've adapted to the cold wherein I find anything in the 30's to be quite reasonable. I love the falling of snow, the crunch of snow, the winter wonderland, the tapping of sleet on the windows, the look of frozen plants under ice, scarves and gloves, jackets, booties...I even find the dirty snow banks amusing as I've decided they look toasted marshmallows.

We've sadly been missed by most of the snow in the past week, but I've benefited from my organization keeping it safe and allowing us to telecommute in case the snow fell as bad as it did over the rest of the country.

Seriously? In case of snow telecommuting? Way better than hurricane days.

I've recently realized some potential negative outcomes of my new snow love. In my exploration of snow and ice, I have nearly fallen on my ass from sneaky ice. That is ice that looked like dew but nearly caused me to land on my tuchas. And the dog is not nearly as thrilled with it as we'd been promised. She kind of stands there and waits for us to be done. And, she's not super thrilled about pooing on snow so it often ends up on cleared sidewalks. I also seem completely unable to keep track of head coverings - I've lost two of three hats purchased within a week of buying them.

More importantly, I discovered my big toe is also sore - which seemed correlated with the snow arrival. I thought - well I can't possibly have arthritis in my toe. And then, this past weekend as PC and I were walking through the city and I took my periodic detours to walk on the remaining ice and to kick the piles of snow that had been cleared onto the edges of the street...I discovered why my toe hurt.

Toes do not like being jammed into solid ice.

Weird.

1 comment:

  1. Having always had a snow filled winter, I enjoyed seeing snow from your perspective. But I still wish winter was over.

    ReplyDelete