Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Win win

Having spent the last, oh, 30 years in school, I have to admit I know very little about what kinds of things I like to do for fun. Well, other than drink. I do like a good drink.

So, one of the things I've taken up doing since I graduated last year, is I started a small business. A home business with the parties.

Don't roll your eyes. It's not that bad.

I love the product, and have a hard time not actually spending my profit right back on product. I've been doing it now for 5 months. It's had it's ups and downs. I find I'm good at the sales part - bad at the money part (i.e., calculating cost, following up with payments). I figure the lesson-learned is I need an accounting office. Someday.

Anyway, today's win is that I have my very first new 'lead'. Basically, the person that works under me. She's my first little mentee, my little grasshopper, my reflection of myself.

My cash cow.

I kid.

She's probably 2 feet taller than me.

Anyway, the major bonus is I apparently get a small percentage from her sales. I have no idea how much - but it says to me I'm going to get a whole lotta more opportunity to buy my own products. Weeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment