Wednesday, September 7, 2011

How'd we get here?

I'm trying to be excited about my second interview with a company. I don't know why I'm so...eh about it. Meanwhile, things at my current job have deteriorated to the point my boss no longer makes eye contact with me. Mean coworker continues to tell boss that I'm mean to her and boss has bought it hook-line-and-sinker. In fact, boss has begun dismissing my work - in fact my work was literally redone last week by mean coworker because it was 'all wrong'. Boss has even begun telling others that I need to be a team player.

I'm not sure how we got here, but I sure as hell don't know how to make it better without starting over somewhere new. In all of my experiences and all of my knowledge of organizational dynamics...I have zero recommendations for someone if they came to me with this same story.

I am sad that my dream job has come to this.

But, it's why I need to dig deep to be excited about this interview this week. I have to hope for a good offer that will make my leaving my current job and it's benefits not idiotic.

I don't know if my 'eh' is a warning sign (we see where excitement over dream job got me) or if it's a sign that I'm finally getting over hoping that work will be everything I thought it was supposed to be.

2 comments:

  1. The times I felt eh over a job interview are the times I did better for the actual interview. That feeling meant I wasn't too keyed up with nerve and could just be myself and calmly answer questions instead of babbling like an idiot. Maybe it'll be the same for you!

    Soeeu things got do bad at your current job :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! my word verification was
    pubflu. Maybe you have it and that's why you feel eh

    ReplyDelete